Monday, February 19, 2007

"oh bartender..I'll have mine on the rocks"

So back in the day... I took 3 years of Spanish and one year of Latin.. Since then I took a blood oath that I would never take another language...
Well much has happened since high school and in order to study abroad we had to take Italian...
And a blood oath had to be broken.
In hindsight, it was ironically similar to the two languages that was taught to me.
In my Italian studies, the Spanish gets mixed in sometimes, but I forgot all but one Latin phrase. (actually I know a few Latin phrases, but for the sake of argument. .and story purposes.. I will only recall one).

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."

Which simply translates to: I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

No comments: