Sunday, February 18, 2007

rubrix cubes and panda dust


A further analyzing of life abroad...After careful deliberation Ive concluded that three fundamentals of Italian life exist. Good food (which also includes good wine), European time which gives person "1A" half an hour to an hour acceptance of arriving late to an appointment, and the ability to maneuver small tiny vehicles such as Vespas and "smart cars" through alley ways and large flocks of Japanese tourists...

Also, one hasn't lived until being chased by an ambulance on a one way street hurling through cobble stones and bouncing from one alley wall to the next...This also goes for Taxis, and street cleaning trucks...

We are constantly warned to be aware of "pickpockets" and scams...I cant tell you how many times people have come up to me and told me that Rome is number one in pickpocket crimes. OK. .that's fine, but warn someone else, like a country kid from farmville Idaho. None of us have been subject to these crimes, and I can tell you why. This is because we have nothing to get pickpocket...People act as if these pickpockets are the equivalent to stealth ninjas. And I disagree, just don't carry too much and be smart. I don't even carry my wallet on me, not from fear of these "ninjas" but because it feels uncomfortable in my pants.

One thing is for certain...Can't beat the scenery
-Love from Roma

No comments: